LiveControl currently features 6 pages, comprising of a Clip Launcher, Mixer, Device Controller, Step Sequencer, XY Pad and Track Controller.
The Clip Launcher is a standard Ableton Live session view clip launcher. It allows you to easily launch and select clips as well as control some other settings in the Live Set.
- By default the navigation buttons will scroll in steps of 7 tracks and 7 scenes, however holding <Shift> and pressing the navigation buttons will let you move in steps of 1.
- The Device button allows you to switch between Device and Clip view for a specific track.
- LQ+/- allow you to change the launch quantisation options, and when <Shift> is held the record quantisation.
- Od lets you toggle overdub and Met the metronome. Tap allows you to tap tempo.
- Holding <Shift> and press Met or Tap allows you to adjust the tempo up or down in steps of 1bpm.
- Holding <Shift> and pressing a clip slot will focus that clip.
The mixer page allows control over standard Ableton mixer functions such as the volume, panning, and send volumes for each track.
Device control gives you control over 8 parameters at a time from the currently selected device. You can navigate the selected device using <Left>, <Right>, <Dev+> and <Dev->. <Bank+/-> scrolls through the devices parameters.
The Seqeuencer page allows you to enter MIDI data into MIDI clips within the session view of Ableton Live.
To use the Sequencer you must first select a MIDI clip in the Session View. Hold down <Menu 2> and press <Up>, <Down>, <Left> and <Right> to highlight a MIDI clip with the Selection Ring. Once you select a MIDI clip the sequencer should update with any MIDI data currently in the clip. Launch the clip and the LED’s should follow the playing position in the current clip.
- <Left> and <Right> scroll through the MIDI clip if it is larger than the current view
- <Up> and <Down> move up and down the notes in the MIDI clip
- <Zoom+/-> allows you to zoom in and out of the clip
- Holding <Menu2> gives access to navigation of the session view using <Up>, <Down>, <Left> and <Right>. It also lets you <Fold> notes and <Start>/<Stop> the current clip