LiveControl for the monome uses the prefix /ableton
- Unzip the latest release which should give you a folder called trunk containing a folder called LiveControl. The LiveControl folder should be moved to Ableton’s MIDI Remote Scripts folder.
- On Windows this is located in \path\to\ableton\Live x.x.x\Resources\MIDI\Remote Scripts
- On OSX this is located in /path/to/ableton/Live.app -> Right click -> show package contents. Navigate to contents/app-resources/MIDI Remote Scripts
- In ableton goto Preferences, Midi Settings. Select LiveControl from the drop down list. The session view should now show the red selection ring.
- Configure MIDI In/Out as shown below:
- You should be set to go. See below for configuration of programs and usage
- If you wish to use the TrackFilter or MIDI Fader names please see the provided ableton template files for Live 7 and Live 8
- There is also a customised version of arduiomeserial that allows an LCD display to be updated Customised Arduinome Serial (LCD support)
Configuration File ¶
The configuration file should be placed into the current users home directory.
- Mac OSX: /Users/yourusername/livecontrol.txt
- Windows: C:\documents and settings\yourusername\livecontrol.txt
An example configuration file can be found in the Support subdirectory. All keywords are case sensitive so make sure you use LiveControl and not livecontrol as the key.
[LiveControl] width = 8 height = 8 programs = ClipLauncher, Looper, TrackControl, TrackFilter, DeviceControl, Scale [MultiMode0] mode = 0 programs = MultiMode1, Looper [MultiMode1] mode = 1 programs = ClipLauncherWH, TrackControlWH [Scale0] root = D scale = Natural Minor
The main LiveControl sections allows the configuration of the programs to load and the height and width of the attached device. Programs should consist of a comma separated list of program keywords found below.
For example for the Monome 128 with a custom set of programs:
[LiveControl] width = 16 height = 8 programs = ClipLauncher, Looper, Scale
- r118 01/05/2010 09:34
LiveControl: changes to config file handling
- r116 30/04/2010 15:18
LiveControl: Updated sequencer docs
- r111 25/04/2010 17:32
LiveControl: added another missing module and virtual lcd
- r110 25/04/2010 13:11
LiveControl: Added some missing modules, fixed scene launch
- r103 20/04/2010 08:41
LiveControl: Fixed shift keys